List of cinemas in the Berlin district of Charlottenburg

The Schaubühne , located opposite Lehniner Platz on property 153, belongs to the Wilmersdorf district, whereas Kurfürstendamm 152, with the former “ Kammerlichtspiele ”, belongs to Halensee. In 1928 the architect Erich Mendelsohn built the “Universum” cinema building as part of the “Woga complex” on Kurfürstendamm / Cicerostraße. The auditorium held 1276 in the stalls and 487 in tier, so a total of 1763 seats. There was a rectangular cinema hall with a circumferential tier and mahogany cladding of the parquet, the modern indirect lighting at that time. The Grand Cinema was organized by the Ufa-Theater-GmbHoperated as a premiere theater, but in 1931 it was converted to a reprise cinema due to a lack of spectators . With the development of the sound film, a sound film facility was installed by Klangfilm in 1932.Willy Hein bought the large cinema from UFA in 1937 and operated it under his name “Luxor Palast” with daily film screenings in 1,784 seats.

The 23 cinemas in the Wilmersdorf district are summarized in the list of cinemas in Berlin-Wilmersdorf . Changed previous street names are given in italics to distinguish them from existing ones. “Entertainment is also important in terms of state policy , if not decisive for the war.” Quote from J. In the Wilmersdorfer commercial section there was no distinction between gas and water plumbers and installers for electric light, for example with power and low-voltage licenses.

Overview in the district

In 1948, after two years of construction, the former ticket hall and staircase were converted into the “Studio Premiere Stage”. The six-storey residential building with shops at Uhlandstrasse 83/84 is adjacent to the post office in Uhlandstrasse. The ten-party tenement Uhlandstrasse 83/84 owned by the Franzkowiak freight forwarding company was built in 1906 and there was an inn in the house.

Finally, in 1927, the Universe in the WOGA complex on Kurfürstendamm by Erich Mendelsohn , which completes the series of Kurfürstendamm cinemas. At the top of Kurfürstendamm, inHalensee, the Rote Mühle and the Rivoli tie in with the tradition of the excursion restaurants and the nearby Luna Park . In the 1910s the demand for Kintöppen boomed and a demonstration device in a guest room was often sufficient. Sometimes it is difficult to track down to the older cinemas because the owners and operators were also merchants, innkeepers and homeowners. Especially in the early days, the wife was sometimes used as a cinema owner for tax reasons.

Westend cinema list

The corner building at Berliner Strasse 167 / Kufsteinstrasse 2 connected to the east. There was a decent passage to the five-story neighboring house in the courtyard. The two houses of the Wohlfahrts had space for ten tenants each. Uhlandstrasse 81 is the residence of Otto Wohlfahrt, the sculptor Fritz Wohlfahrt is the owner of the house at Mannheimer Strasse 30 . Josef Umlauf is listed in the commercial section with “cinematograph theater” and in the residential section as “cinematograph owner” in the house of the forwarders Franzkowiak and Kurzhals Uhlandstrasse 83/84 ground floor. The Berlin address books are named after the year of issue, since the editorial deadline for the supplements is given around the turn of the year up to January, their annual information relates to the year preceding the issue. In the above text or in the comments, the numbers (#) in the digital.zlb.de directory may be given after the year in the Berlin address book.

  • In 1934 the demand came to lead district borders along the building block delimitation, the street was used and implemented in the district reform of 1938.
  • The widescreen conversion was also omitted when the Kiezkino was continued by Heinz Viehweg in 1959, the owner was the “Filmtheaterbetriebe Heinz Viehweg KG”.
  • The tier area was also reached from the foyer via two flights of stairs .
  • The 66 cinemas in the district of Charlottenburg were included in a separate Charlottenburg list .

In 1934 the demand came to lead district borders along the building block delimitation, the street was used and implemented in the district reform of 1938. The street course of the Bamberger / Kufsteiner Straße came to the administrative district IX Wilmersdorf, the district border to the administrative district Schöneberg was placed on the eastern street line. The Schöneberg property at Grunewaldstrasse 52 became Berliner Strasse 167 in Wilmersdorf, this district boundary has remained since then. The building designed by Gustav Neustein in 1927 contains a two-story cinema that extends around the corner of the house. Through the main entrance on Kaiserdamm you entered an almost square ticket hall in the foyer.

Cinemas in the old district of Charlottenburg

At the end of the 1950s, this plot of land was built on with a five-story residential building with shops on the ground floor. The Berliner Straße was the arterial road of the city of Wilmersdorf, on property 165 the road changed to Schöneberger Flur, continued in Grunewaldstraße. In 1912, architect Georg Pinette built a new cinema building for the Schöneberg entrepreneurs Sattler and Eisner on Wilmersdorf’s “property 166”. The theater should be furnished in the most elegant way; the café should be around 400, the theater approx. The Schützenhaus garden restaurant was on the north side of Hundekehlestrasse and Ruhlaer Strasse.

online casino games for real money casaag

Everyone is called upon to add to the data or correct errors. The film screenings (“Kino in der Waldbühne”) by the Blues Brothers and the Rocky Horror Picture Show , to which thousands of fans in disguise came to sing along loudly, had cult status . These cinema events have not taken place since the 2000s, with one poorly attended exception in 2006. The small, 180-seat cinema hall of the “Be-Ba” was expanded to 300 seats by Polke in 1927 and, in this state and size, was taken over by Fritz Staar as owner. While the merchant Polke took “his” name “BeBa” with him to the large cinema “Atrium”, Staar used the name “Arkadia” for his cinema operations. The setups of cinemas in the district were divided according to the district boundaries in accordance with the district reform of 2001.

The equipment currently consists of a screen of 4 m × 9 m in front of 250 seats in 20 rows, the projection digital in D-Cinema 2K or analog 35mm and the sound is output with Dolby Digital 5.1 . In addition to a bar, the foyer offers a few café tables as seating and since the operator is often at the cash register, the atmosphere is family-run. The cinema celebrated its 100th anniversary in June 2013 with vintage cars in front of the door and the film Die Reise zum Mond from 1902 on an old Skladanowsky device with a hand crank and piano accompaniment. The 1900 address book names building land for Babelsberger Strasse from Erfurter zur Badenschen to Berliner Strasse. In the Berliner Strasse in Schöneberger Feldmark, 163 and 164 belong to the widow Wenzel, 163 is a construction site and 164 are sculptors Jaeckel. Many corner houses in Berlin from the years around 1900 have a sloping street corner with the entrance door on the house area formed in this way . The information in the Berlin address book suggests that the photo stage at Augustastraße 1 existed.

On August 9, 1913, the “Corso Lichtspiele” announced their opening. In 1917 a cinema theater was specified for Uhlandstrasse 48, at this point in time the businessman Hugo Seligsohn was still the owner of the house, but he was no longer marked as “legally registered”. In the cinema address book for 1920, the K orso light games with daily screenings and 227 seats for the owner Richard Filsch from Friedenau are given, and in 1921 Richard Kahnemann is the owner of the C orso light games. In 1924 they played three to four days a week, owner was Mrs. Bertha Schwarzkopf while C. Wolff ordered two cinema musicians to provide acoustic support for the silent films, which were played daily for spectators from 205 to 220 seats.

online casino games for real money casaag